We’ve paired this Spring’s recipe this with the Reuling Vineyard Chardonnay, which also happens to go well with our Pinot Noir.
- 1 ½ lbs. beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 ½ lbs. carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ mint leaves
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup ricotta salata
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Toss beets and carrots with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Allow vegetables to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to salad bowl. Add mint, almonds and ricotta salata.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, cumin, lemon zest, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add dressing vegetables. Toss to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.