Lamb and spice, and everything nice! Pair this dish with Reuling’s Romanee Pinot Noir Clone.
Serves: 4 as appetizer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, minced
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, minced
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon, minced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 ½ lbs. ground lamb
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine garlic, almonds, olives, preserved lemon, harissa, lamb, egg, breadcrumbs and salt. Mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 1 ½ inch balls. The mixture should yield about 16 balls.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, mint and salt. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in large saute pan. Cook meatballs for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve with yogurt sauce.