At Reuling Vineyard, our farm to table philosophy embraces a sustainable approach to viticulture, agriculture and dining. Meals are planned around the bounty of our garden, and everyone gets in on the action. Our recipes are designed to celebrate the spirit of togetherness that brings families around the dinner table – last week, Tim and Josh went salmon fishing in Bodega Bay; then Whitney and Jackie developed a menu that pairs beautifully with the Reuling Vineyard Chardonnay and Rosé; and Marika posted it on the website and is sharing with friends near and far. We hope you will enjoy our summer menu.
Garam Masala Zucchini Fritters with Cucumber Raita
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, grated
- 3 tablespoon mint, cut into chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, lemon juice and cumin in small bowl. Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Place grated zucchini in colander and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze out liquid and transfer to bowl.
- Add scallions, cilantro, garam masala, chili powder, egg and flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Working in two batches, place ¼ cupfuls of zucchini batter in skillet. Cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel lined platter and serve with raita.
Grilled Salmon with Arugula Salsa Verde and Summer Vegetables
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as basil, parsley, mint or cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 anchovy fillets
- ½ cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 medium size summer squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. fresh haricot verts, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 4-6 (6oz) pieces center cut salmon filet
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare grill for cooking over medium hot charcoal or moderate heat for gas.
- Combine arugula, herbs, vinegar, capers and anchovies in blender or food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped, about 20 seconds. Transfer to bowl and add ½ cup olive oil.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add beans to water, and cook until tender about one minute. Drain and transfer beans to ice bath. Remove from ice bath and set aside.
- Toss corn and squash with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place skin-side down on lightly oiled grill rack. Cook four minutes and turn filets over and grill until just cooked through, another 4-6 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Toss corn and green beans with ½- ¾ cup of salsa verde. Divide mixture on plates, top with grilled salmon. Serve with lemon wedges and remaining salsa verde.